#soml

First 2 months of 2016 was good. Nothing bad happened except for the fact that I couldn't still find a house to rent in Plymouth.

Come first Friday of March, my manager and I got called down to the cafe by our boss. Dropped a huge ass bomb on us. First he talked about how the maritime industry isn't doing well. Then, he goes on to saying that the company isn't doing well. Then he told us that we are going to be laid off. Retrenched. Damn...

With 6 more months left in Singapore, I cannot afford to be laid off work now. 6 months may seem enough time for employers to hire part-timers. But I'm going to Bali in April. Leaving on 3rd of September and I probably need time to sort out my things before leaving Singapore for 2 years. So, that will leave me with about 3-4 months. Would any employer hire someone just for that few months? 

Before the news, I could not wait for August to come so that I could finally leave the company. But I would not have thought that it would happen this soon, in March. I do not know what to feel. Happy? Sad? Both? Happy to leave, but at the same time really not happy to leave. It is against my every will to stay. I honestly want to stay till August. Not just because of the money but because of the working environment. It's great with very friendly colleagues. I'm really not happy to leave. I guess. 

My last day will be this coming Friday (18th March 2016). Half day for me due to my balance leave. It's saddening knowing that this is my last week of work. I dread Mondays. Everyone does. But after sitting down at your desk, it does not seem so bad because it's routine and you have great colleagues you can talk to and have lunch with. The only thing I realised I dread about going to work is having to wake up in the morning. That's all. Being at work feels normal. It feels right. To know that I am not able to do my usual routine everyday now, it somehow made me feel uncomfortable. 

My friend, Roliah, told me not to worry so much about being retrenched. She says, now I can feel what is it like to be like her when she was unemployed and have fun with it. I'm going to like being unemployed she says. I used to think that I would definitely enjoy being away from work for a long time. But after getting the news, and thinking what is it like not being able to go to work the next morning is like damn (not a good damn). 

Well, such is life. I'm sure it is a blessing in disguise. Or whatever. I just pray things will get better after all the crap that has happened to me since 2015. Don't be sad and keep smiling. I'm sure that God have planned it for me to let better things come my way. I got to have faith. Be positive. I mean, at 22, I've probably have experienced a whole lot of things that probably people in theirs 30s have never experienced. I dare say that. Because unless you have worked with North Koreans DIRECTLY, your argument would be invalid. HAHA.

Keep smiling,
SuHaiDah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University

The United Kingdom

My Temporary Job (Esprit)